Signs Marketing and Distribution Agreement with Earth Line Co. for the Full Line of Non-Invasive Temporal Artery Thermometers for Both Hospitals and At-Home Users
Exergen Corp, a global leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for medical applications, announced today that it has signed a marketing and distribution contract with Earth Line Co. Ltd, a company founded in 1995 and focused on devices and supplies for medical treatment and diagnosis. Earth Line will market both the professional series Temporal Artery Thermometers as well as the retail version of Exergen’s Temporal Artery Thermometer in Thailand.
“Earth Line Co. Ltd. is a group of companies based in Bangkok”, says Arkom Natworathada, Managing Director of Earth Line. “We specialize in high-quality medical products that sell for a cost-effective price”, adds Mr. Natworathada. “The Temporal Artery Thermometers designed and manufactured by Exergen in the USA are a perfect fit for us because the TAT-5000, the TAT-2000 and the TAT-2000C are very advanced products for both professional medical professionals like pediatricians, nurses and at-home users that sell for a price which is balanced with respect to quality. The ease of use, speed, and accuracy are one of a kind”.
Highly Accurate, Non-Invasive
The TAT-5000 (for use by doctors and nurses in hospitals), TAT-2000 (a light-duty professional model for school nurses, nursing homes, etc), and TAT-2000C (for at-home use) are based on a very innovative infrared technology. They offer many advantages over more traditional methods of determining a patient’s body temperature:
- highly accurate temperature measurement
- fast, safe, and comfortable for the patient
- quick and easy to use for both doctors and nurses and at-home users
- low costs, resulting in an average payback period for the TAT-5000 and TAT-2000 of less than 1 year
- the TAT-5000 is very durable and can be used without throw-away sensor caps to avoid unnecessary waste and costs
- due to its industrial design, the TAT-5000 is covered by a Lifetime Guarantee
- the housing of the thermometer is resistant to aggressive disinfectants
- the technology on which these thermometers are based are supported by more than 85 peer-reviewed and published clinical studies
- the TAT-2000C offers at-home users the same accuracy, speed, and reliability as the TAT-5000 and TAT-2000 for use in hospitals – at a very attractive retail price
“Measuring the core body temperature is a crucial first step in the treatment of a patient. That means that both hospitals and at-home users need a fast and very accurate thermometer”, says Dr. Frank Pompei, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Exergen Corp. “With 25 years in the medical business, Earth Line Co. Ltd. is the trusted partner of both hospitals and retail chains in Thailand. We are very excited to be able to work with Earth Line as our new partner and distributor”.
“Our Temporal Artery Thermometers are ideal for patients, both young and old because they are non-invasive,” says Dr. Marybeth Pompei, Senior Vice President & Chief Clinical Scientist, Exergen Corporation. “That means they are very comfortable while at the same time very fast and very accurate. With our virtual classroom and other training material we will be able to support our customers with very effective service and support”, adds Dr. Marybeth Pompei.
Exergen Corporation, the leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for industrial and medical applications, delivers non-invasive temperature meters at lower costs, with higher accuracy, less process control, and higher reliability than previously possible. With its award-winning arterial thermometer, Exergen is known in both the healthcare and consumer markets. The company was founded by MIT Educated and Harvard researcher Dr. Francesco Pompei, who owns more than 70 patents. Exergen Corporation is headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, United States.