TAT-2000C Temporal Artery Thermometer
Price Above reflects MSRP.
Enter discount code in the cart for special offer.
Protect your family's health with the TAT-2000C Temporal Artery Home Thermometer. This thermometer is great for all ages, taking away the hassle and discomfort that comes with under-the-tongue or in-the-ear thermometers. With a simple scan of the forehead, you get accurate body temperature measurements.
The Exergen temporal thermometer works by capturing naturally emitted heat over the temporal artery through the skin. A softly glowing display makes reading the output a breeze, even when you're groggy from lack of sleep.
Here are the highlights, specifications, and features of the Exergen TAT-2000C Forehead Thermometers.
- Temporal thermometer lets you take your child's temperature without any fuss or discomfort
- Thermometer memory remembers the last 8 readings, so you can easily track fever progression
- Soft-glow display lets you check temperature even in a dark room
- Silent mode for taking temperatures while someone is sleeping
- Easily switch between Fahrenheit to Celsius with one button
- The temporal thermometer technology has been proven accurate by more than 100 published clinical studies
- Thermometer Dimensions (Overall): 1.8 Inches (L), 7.0 Inches (H) x 1.5 Inches (W)
- Weight: .4 Pounds
- Suggested Age: Newborns and Up
- Health Facts: Mercury-Free
- Display Indicators: Temperature
- Included with Thermometer: Protective Cover, Instruction Manual, Battery
- Material: Plastic
- Features: LCD Display, Digital, Results in Fahrenheit, Instant On, Automatic Shut-Off, Results in Celsius
- Power Source: Battery
- Battery: 1 9-Volt Alkaline, Required, Included
- Thermometer Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- Warranty: 5-year warranty
How Does The Temporal Artery Thermometer Work?
With just a simple scan of the forehead, the Temporal Artery Thermometer accurately measures the body temperature.
Remove the protective cap and place the temporal thermometer head against the center of the forehead.
Once the temporal thermometer touches the skin, press the button on your thermometer and keep it depressed, gently gliding the Exergen temporal scanner across the forehead at the hairline level. Avoid scanning down the side of the face, or else the technology will not work.
While holding the button down, use the scanner to touch the soft spot behind the ear. Then, you can let go of the button and read the temperature.
For more on the Exergen TAT-2000C temporal artery thermometer, learn more about how to use temporal thermometers here, or view the product FAQ page.
The TAT-2000C uses infrared technology to help with ease of use and accurate measurements of the temporal artery. Our patented Arterian Heat Balance system ensures temperature readings are accurate by mathematically accounting for ambient temperatures and the cooling effect of TAT-2000C scanner.
Accuracy of Temporal Thermometers
While temporal artery thermometers and infrared non-contact thermometers are both used to measure body temperature, the non-contact is considered to be more inaccurate for several reasons. Learn about the accuracy of temporal thermometers, and why no touch thermometers are highly inaccurate.