Exergen signs Sidem SpA as distributor for full line of Temporal Artery Thermometers in Italy
Exergen Corporation, the global leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for medical applications, is excited to announce that Exergen and Sidem SpA have signed an agreement for the sales and distribution in Italy of the full line of Temporal Artery Thermometers for medical and at-home use.
“Sidem SpA is based near Milan. We are a leading provider for globally acknowledged brands in the medical devices and equipment sector in Italy for both professional use and consumer applications,” says Dr. Amabile Mandelli, CEO at Sidem. “We are specialised in supporting both professional users and consumers when it comes to taking temperatures. We focus on two target audiences. This first are hospitals, elderly homes and other professional healthcare institutions. At the same time we work with retail/pharmaceutical organisations and other consumer focused sales channels. We support both target markets with highly advanced yet easy to use medical products and services. That is exactly the reason why we feel Exergen’s Temporal Artery Thermometer is a perfect addition to our product line.
The Temporal Artery Thermometer uses highly advanced algorithms to produce very accurate measurements of the core body temperature of patients. Because the procedure of taking a patient’s temperature is so easy to perform we are convinced that the productivity of nurses and doctors in Italian hospitals will greatly benefit from the use of Exergen’s Temporal Artery Thermometer. For consumers the Temporal Artery Thermometer is very easy to use, even when taking the temperature of a young child or baby,” Dr. Mandelli added.
Sidem will sell the full family line of Exergen’s Temporal Artery Thermometers:
- TAT-5000S-EC for professional use in hospitals
- TAT-2000-EC for elderly homes, school systems and other professional health care institutions like home care
- TAT-2000C-EC for at-home use
Exergen’s Temporal Artery Thermometers offer important benefits:
- Highly accurate temperature measurement: 1000 measurements per second guarantees that the Temporal Artery Thermometer measures the highest temperature in the temporal artery.
- Safe and very comfortable for the patient or consumer.
- Non-invasive because all it takes to perform a very accurate reading is a gentle swipe with the thermometer across the forehead of a person.
- Very fast: a very accurate measurement takes just 2-3 seconds.
- Very affordable.
- Highly robust and very easy to clean.
- The technology on which the Temporal Artery Thermometer is based is supported by more than 100 peer-reviewed and published clinical studies.
- The professional TAT-5000S-EC comes with a Lifetime Warranty.
“Both Italian hospitals, healthcare institutions and retail organizations prefer to work with Sidem SpA, because Sidem is able to support them with a range of highly advanced medical tools and services,” says Ellen Minkels, global director of business development at Exergen. “We are very happy that we are now able to work in Italy with Sidem as our highly respected partner.”