Temporal Artery Thermometers for Extremely Accurate Measurement of Core Body Temperature of Patients
Exergen Corporation, a global leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for medical applications, announced today that Oxygen Care has supplied 22 Intensive Care Units in Ireland with highly accurate TAT-5000S Temporal Artery Thermometers.
“In the battle against COVID-19 it is crucial that doctors and nurses are able to very accurately determine the core body temperature of a patient”, says Joaquin Azpilicueta, Director of Sales Europe, Africa, and Latin America at Exergen Corporation. “That means it is extremely important that hospitals in Ireland have access to the best possible medical equipment”.
“Exergen designs and manufactures highly accurate thermometers for use in hospitals and professional healthcare institutions”, says Maurice Moran, Product Specialist at Oxygen Care, the distributor of the TAT-5000S in Ireland. “To perform a temperature measurement all it takes is a gentle swipe with the sensor head of the thermometer across the forehead of the patient. So, in seconds a doctor or nurse has very accurate information on the core body temperature of a patient. In the fight against COVID-19 that is extremely important. The TAT-5000S is also very robust. Obviously, a thermometer is a sensitive high-tech piece of equipment, but in the case, a TAT-5000S falls to the ground in a very busy COVID-19 facility it will continue to function normally”
Highly Accurate, Non-Invasive
The TAT-5000S is based on a very innovative infrared technology. It offers many advantages over more traditional methods of determining a patient’s core body temperature:
- highly accurate temperature measurement
- fast, safe, and comfortable for the patient
- quick and easy to use for both doctors and nurses
- low costs, resulting in an average payback period for the TAT-5000S of less than 1 year
- the TAT-5000S is very durable and can be used without throw-away sensor caps to avoid unnecessary waste and costs; of course, caps are available if required
- due to its industrial design, the TAT-5000S is covered by a Lifetime Guarantee
- the housing of the thermometer is resistant to aggressive disinfectants
- the technology on which these thermometers are based is supported by more than 80 peer-reviewed and published clinical studies
Exergen Corporation, the leader in infrared temperature measurement technologies for industrial and medical applications, delivers non-invasive temperature measurements at lower costs, with higher accuracy, less process control, and higher reliability than previously possible. With its award-winning arterial thermometer backed with over 87 clinical studies, Exergen is known in both the healthcare and consumer markets. The company was founded by MIT Ph.D. and Harvard researcher Dr. Francesco Pompei, who owns more than 70 patents. Exergen Corporation is headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, United States.