Changing the Way the World Takes Temperature
Exergen Corporation strives to be the premier employer within our industry, and a leading employer within our community. To that end, we strive to attract and retain the best associates for a variety of professional, support and production positions within our organization. Our success depends on a partnership with our associates based on safety, education, respect, involvement, development and growth of all of our people.
The Exergen team's track record of success is built not only on our customer-obsessed attitude but also on our focus on providing high-quality service and products. However, one of the greatest qualities of this company is the amazing individuals that we get to work with each day. Looking for innovative place to work? Here are a few more qualities that form the foundation of Exergen's claim to “Changing the Way the World Takes Temperature”
Current positions available:
Exergen Corporation has an immediate opening for a Purchasing, Logistics and Supply Chain Manager at our Watertown, MA location. Exergen is the world leader in medical thermometry responsible for taking two billion temperatures every year. Our TAT-2000C retail model is the best-selling consumer thermometer in the United States and our TAT-5000 series professional thermometers are used in over 50% of the hospitals in the USA. Both products are proudly manufactured at our Watertown, MA and Methuen, MA factories.
- All procurement including raw materials and other purchases (capital, services, supplies etc.) This involves identifying new suppliers and negotiating price and terms with new and existing suppliers.
Converting sales forecasts to requirements through our MRP system (Macola)
Supervising the activities of buyer/planners.
Operating the purchasing function within the requirements of cGMP, ISO etc.
Establishing and tracking metrics for supplier performance.
Managing the importing function.
Managing outbound logistics function.
- Purchasing is now a transactional function. Need to make it a strategic function.
Identify cost savings opportunities looking holistically across supply chain. This could be driven by reductions in piece part costs, but also in making the supply chain leaner. Change is constant, and we are sometimes over committed to suppliers on materials we no longer need.
Move toward strategic partnerships with our suppliers.
In some cases, we may need to cast a wider net looking for lower cost suppliers. In other situations we may get advantages associated with consolidating multiple materials with a smaller number of suppliers.
- 10 years in purchasing/materials management in a high-volume manufacturing environment. Experience procuring printed circuit boards, molded parts, castings, cables, packaging and printed materials is preferred.
Experience with an MRP program. We use Macola, but experience with a similar program is acceptable.
Demonstrated evidence of strong negotiation skills.
Experience implementing supplier performance metrics.
Experience managing imports.
Experience managing outbound logistics function.
Bachelor's degree. Engineering or Operations management is preferred, but other degrees will be considered.
Medical device experience preferred, but not required.
- Consist focus on our customer needs and providing quality products
- Employees can thrive with our great work/life balance
- A friendly, informal atmosphere
- A company culture that celebrates openness and sincerity, among ourselves and with our business partners
- A Team of people who work hard, and have fun in the process
- A fast-paced and innovative environment with interesting work, aggressive goals, willingness to take risks, and true excitement about what we do
Exergen Corporation offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in these positions or future career opportunities with Exergen contact us at the email link below and include a copy of your resume.
Exergen Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Exergen's unique, patented technologies set the benchmark for infrared temperature measurement throughout a wide range of industrial and medical applications. All products are invented, designed, assembled, tested and packaged in the USA by Exergen.