Careers – Shipping/Receiving
Essential Functions & Responsibilities (Other Functions May Be Assigned)
Shipping / Receiving
- High school education, or equivalent experience. College degree is a plus
- Using FedEx, UPS, and Macola to process 400-500 pkgs/day
- Verifying and correcting, where necessary, all recipient addresses
- Adherence to shipping procedures to minimize shipping costs
- Consolidating outgoing package shipments by carrier
- Filling in for warehouse positions as needed.
- Supervise 3 to 6 people in the shipping/receiving area
- Meet target goal for shipping
- Must upkeep training all new employees or existing employees.
Necessary job skills:
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn and execute a wide variety of tasks
- Ability to work very well independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work standing/walking all day in a wide range of temperatures
- Ability to work at one task for several hours in a row (or all day), and equal ability to switch quickly and efficiently between multiple tasks
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull 50 lbs as needed all day
- Knowledge of MS office is required.
- Need to be highly motivated person to turn over the shipping/receiving crew.
Experience with various software applications, including FedEx and UPS is a plus.
Occasional travel to our Methuen office, with mileage reimbursement.
If you are interested in this position at Exergen Corporation, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exergen Corporation is the recognized world leader in medical non-invasive temperature technology. Exergen invented and manufactures non-invasive temperature measurement devices providing lower cost, higher accuracy, less invasiveness, and greater reliability than ever previously possible.
Our Temporal Scanner™ is the most efficacious, non-invasive thermometer ever created. Exergen holds over 100 issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents, and is the only manufacturer of retail medical thermometers in the U.S. Presently, half of hospitals and pediatricians currently use the Exergen Temporal Scanner, and well over 12 million consumers use one at home.
Founded by Harvard-research scientist, Dr. Francesco Pompei, over three decades ago, Exergen Corporation is based in Watertown, Massachusetts, USA.