Careers – Controller
We are currently seeking a Controller to join our team in our Watertown headquarters. Reporting directly to the CFO and VP of Operations, the Controller will be primarily responsible for overseeing the accounting operations of the company to enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This will be a hands-on role for a proactive self-starter to join a world-class rapidly growing company.
- Manage the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Monthly reporting
- Oversee the accounting operations including transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly, accounts payable are paid on time, and required debt and interest payments are made on a timely basis
- Issue issue timely and complete financial statements
- Enhance the Company’s cost accounting system
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures; this includes an orderly accounting filing system, chart of accounts, management cost reports and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Audit workpaper preparation
- Sales tax compliance
Qualifications / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related concentration required
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience preferably in a manufacturing company; experience dealing with major retailers is a plus
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations preferred
- Proven experience building, mentoring and managing high performance teams
- Strong understanding of GAAP; financial review, management analysis and reporting processes
- Experience managing payroll
- Self-motivation and ability to think critically is a MUST
- Positive can-do attitude’ a “do-er” and team player
- Strong problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly and work under high pressure
- Integrity, intellectual curiosity, innovation, and impact
If you are interested in this position at Exergen Corporation, please fill out the form below and we'll get back to you.
Exergen Corporation is the recognized world leader in medical non-invasive temperature technology. Exergen invented and manufactures non-invasive temperature measurement devices providing lower cost, higher accuracy, less invasiveness, and greater reliability than ever previously possible.
Our Temporal Scanner™ is the most efficacious, non-invasive thermometer ever created. Exergen holds over 100 issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents, and is the only manufacturer of retail medical thermometers in the U.S. Presently, half of hospitals and pediatricians currently use the Exergen Temporal Scanner, and well over 12 million consumers use one at home.
Founded by Harvard-research scientist, Dr. Francesco Pompei, over three decades ago, Exergen Corporation is based in Watertown, Massachusetts, USA.